G Body rare last year 1999 Riviera

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Do not know why folks say that this Riviera is not a G body when GM says it is? GM used the G body for front wheel Riviera and I believe Grand National do a fact check. have a white red green burgundy for sale all completely restored new engines intercoolers added this is a sleeper collectible less than 100 exist, a G body collectible!
Sigh.

So you're that guy.

There's well over 100 of them left, lots of misinformation in those spam posts that have been floating around the internet for years that you made, and, the only rivs currently bringing big money are silver arrows or super low mileage unmolested cars, which, from what I saw in those ads, the cars you've been peddling forever are not.

You're pretty clearly not a car guy in the classic sense, more of a flipper.

Meanwhile, if you don't understand the difference between a body on frame rwd grand national that used the same platform and substructure as the other 1978-1988 a/g body cars, and a fwd unibody with transverse cradle Riviera you'll never understand why hoping this is yet another site to peddle those hideous overpriced cars that haven't sold in years is not the place for your goals.

• Informative
Reactions: 6 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
And the original G-body, the 1970-1972 Monte Carlo! Closer to a real G 1978-1988 than that Riviera hunk-o-shiit

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Do not know why folks say that this Riviera is not a G body when GM says it is? GM used the G body for front wheel Riviera and I believe Grand National do a fact check. have a white red green burgundy for sale all completely restored new engines intercoolers added this is a sleeper collectible less than 100 exist, a G body collectible!
So.... It's a G-body as far as GM is concerned but not in the spirit of the core group this site caters to (body on frame RWD/longitudinally positioned drivetrain 78-88 g-body's).

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
There's only one Rivi that's cool in my book, and it's a 65.

Only one word...(technically two)
9ccc252ee4bc14dc854f5ef217193d29.gif

i075361-vi.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I think you do know why folks say it's not a Gbody. We, true Gbody owners, have been pretty clear. GM can call that car whatever body they want. While it is a nice car in its own right, it will never be recognized as a true Gbody car. Ever. And yes, you are welcome here to learn what a real Gbody is and what is all about.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
And the original G-body, the 1970-1972 Monte Carlo! Closer to a real G 1978-1988 than that Riviera hunk-o-shiit
Actually it was the '69-'72 Grand Prix. Dispite the A-body base & roots since '69 GM listed it as a G. The '70-'72 Monte Carlo was included as a Chevelle (13000 series, 13857 or 1AH57). I discovered this when I had my '72.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
It is like this... my Monte Carlo's are Abody cars. 79 and 80. There are a bunch of little things different from mine and a 81Gbody Monte Carlo. What do you think would happen if I joined an Abody club and started pushing my Abody Monte Carlo around? I would be shunned and told it is no Chevelle. I think the feedback you get will tell you if it is the group for you.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor