G Body rear frame repair kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Posting for anybody who needs to repair the frame rails behind the rear axle. I'll be doing this my self over the winter. As anyone who lives in places with cold snowy winters knows, the frame rails behind the axle rot out BAD; mine are about as strong as cardboard right now. There is a gentlemen in Woodstock Ontario who makes replacement frame rails and body mounts, here is a link to his site: http://www3.sympatico.ca/conradlozier/

All in all, the rails going to cost me something like 350 Canadian pesos after shipping and such, comes with detailed instructions and everything! Then it'll be off to my buddy's place to lift the body off the frame and start measuring, cutting and welding.

Last edited:

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
I have his frame under my car :) great quality rails get them while you can he is not making anymore he threw out his jig table

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Why would he throw out his jig? **** I'm sure there are lots of guys who would have bought it for good money. Hell if I had the room I would have bought it!

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
Why would he throw out his jig? **** I'm sure there are lots of guys who would have bought it for good money. Hell if I had the room I would have bought it!
He is just didn't want to do it anymore I will be talking to him about seeing if I can get his schematics for it but other then that his supply is running low.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
I just called him about a half hour ago, luckily he still has some car frames left. Said he's got little to no elco or wagon frames left unfortunately. It's too bad to hear he's throwing in the towel. I've only heard good things about his work. I hope you or some one else takes the opportunity to carry on making them.

• Agree

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
I learned a lot from watching these vids.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Geesh, I guess I'm glad the local circle track chassis guy has them stacked up like cord wood. I grabbed a set that he cut off for $25.

cdoublejj

n00b
Dec 27, 2016
yeah for $400+ you can probably get a whole frame.
Here is another thread, https://gbodyforum.com/threads/aftermarket-rear-frame-rails.6940/page-2

I guess people like Conrad's. I would also suggest Eastwood's inner frame coating, it's like a spray can but, it comes with a hose, looks like somewhat thick coating for coming out of a spray can. It's pricey but, i saw a guy use it on a B body dodge charger and I liked how it seeped in to the pinch welds and what not.

http://www.eastwood.com/internal-frame-coating-w-spray-nozzle-qt.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor