G BODY REAREND INSTALLATION??.'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
BMR POLY BUSHINGS trailing arms
I've always snugged up poly bushed parts the same as one would an oe style part.like I said there's a few different options out there on the subject,if you're not comfortable or just not sure ask bmr see what their opinion is on the subject.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You can't torque Ny-Lok nuts to factory specs. Or, can you? :unsure:
Agreed. Why not?

Lubricated and clean threads, check running torque of the nylock nut, then add that to your final desired torque and you should be good to go. In my experience it's not a whole lot. Of course, that may vary.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Will the nylon insert not add resistance to the threads? It seems to me it would for the same reason that most torque specs require the threads to be clean and use fresh oil or recommended lube like ARP does.

Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
In that case, the nuts are stover type lock nuts with a crimped end. They are SUPPOSED to be single use nuts, so maybe replace the nuts.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor