G Body Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

betsy84

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About the other post which states that G-Bodys do not get enough respect welllllll, I was reading Hemmings Muscle Machines, and there was a little article called "1980's Muscle Car Collectiility on the Rise" anyways, you'll be happy to know, out of 10 cars, 6 are american, and two of the 6 are the Buick Grand National, and the Cutlass Hurst/Olds. Quote from the article "But like every decade, certain vehicles came out of the 80s that have become not only staples of pop culture, but of history as well."

I'm a little torn here. Of course I want G-bodies to be as noticed and respected as the '64-'72 'muscle' cars, but at the same time I hope they continue to be overlooked so I can still scam parts from the junkyard dirt cheap! 😀

I agree - I would rather they stay a more "underground" secret as respect/popularity also bring stupid prices for everything along with it. I guess the benefit is if you hang on to the one you have it will only go up in value and aftermarket support will grow. But still, I could care less what others think or like, I do it for me! 🙂 It's bound to happen though, they are such a great platform to build on they cannot be ignored. Emissions in some areas is what will keep them down a touch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor