G-Body shocks replacement questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a 1979 Chevy Malibu and I need to replace all the shocks they are old and wore out I'm looking for some stock ride height shocks and good handling shocks I was thinking about the KYB brand I can get all 4 off eBay for $133 are these good shocks or are there others that are not that expensive?Thanks

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
I have KYB gas adjust on my 442 and there way better than any stock replacement. I got mine from rock auto and they are less than $30 each .

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I'm running the kdb gas adjust units on my cutlass with 17" tires and running the kdb gr-2 shocks on cutlass with 15" tires. i like both shocks. it all depends on what kind of a ride you want.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
spend as much as you can on shocks,they're the brains of the whole operation.sway bars,springs,arms, they're all dumb as dirt.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
KYB are good shocks, still have them on the rear of my car. Well worth it.

83beater

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2019
I just put on ebach dropped springs all around .but i got load carriers from gabriel (sold at chafazone) and they ment to raise the car a bit .so I'm thinking of getting kyb .do u guys prefer the black ones or the silver one.pepole keep saying they the same feel?

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
The KYB Gas-a-Just is absolutely the best inexpensive shock on the market. There are better out there but it's going to cost much more.
The reason they are better than ones from Gabriel, Monroe or other knock-offs is because they are a mono-tube design instead of a twin tube. Mono tube shocks are much better for control than a twin tube design. They are more firm than a twin tube but the better control a shock has, the better the perceived ride.
Mono tube designs cost more to manufacture but KYB somehow keeps the cost very reasonable with their Gas-a-Just.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor