G-Body Suspension Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2019
Hey everyone...Quick question that hasn't been easily "googleable" I'm venturing into fairly uncharted territory (by choice) and am taking an '85 Caprice 2-Door and making a hot rod out of it. I've already done a manual conversion, I've retrofitted and mounted a clutch pedal assembly out of a '70 camaro along with mounting a brand new Tremec TKO 5-speed trans and the complete rear axle from a mid-90's Impala SS giving the car a more narrow rear end, posi, and rear disc brakes...among a few other things so far...my Question is: By all accounts this car fits into the "G-Body Chevy" category and I am starting to do my research for suspension components and kits and i'm FAIRLY certain that this car should have the same suspension and parts as the other members of the G-Body family of cars but since it isn't a popular car to make ANY performance parts for, I just want to make sure. If I search '85 Monte Carlo, or Grand National or any car like that, I can find anything I need suspension-wise...Am I right in assuming that my '85 Caprice 2-door should follow the same suspension platform as these other similar year G Body 2 doors? Appreciate any help! Thanks.

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Unfortunately the g bodies and b bodies (your caprice) are totally different and most parts won’t interchange. The front suspension of the b bodies was lifted from the 73-77 a bodies which was lifted from the 2nd gen f bodies. I don’t know all of what changed, but with some research you can probably find it. The f bodies have quite the aftermarket support.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Feb 9, 2019
Okay so it officially falls into straight up B-Body? The body style is just so similar to the others I just assumed it was a G. Okay awesome, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor