G-body windshield question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Lu

n00b
Dec 6, 2015
Santa Rosa, California
Does anybody know if all G-body windshields '78-'87 are interchangeable? I have a 1978 GMC Caballero with a cracked windshield and I'm wondering if the window out of a '85-'86 Cutlass or a '81 Grand Prix would be the same.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
your welcome, save that link cause it's useful to find parts and to get an indication of what a part is worth. Your windshield is the easy one, your back window won't be so easy....:)

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Windshields interchange in the following way

Coupes and El Caminos share a windshield

Sedans and wagons share a different windshield

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I just had a new windshield removed and installed by Safelite for about $210 for my Regal, I was told back when I had them install the new windshield in my Monte a few years back that these windshields were continued through the 90's and used in trucks.
The new windshields come with the later model rearview mirror mount so your factory one will not work without an adapter, I just went and bought a new mirror for $10.
The difference in clarity between a new and old windshield is a night and day difference and I for one will never install a used windshield if new is available

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
The 78-81 has the radio antenna in them

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Been wondering how the sedan windshield differs from the coupe, or more importantly , if there are any windshields the same size & profile as the coupes, but just slightly taller & or wider.

Been trying to think up how I'm going to have modern flush glass, no trim. Planning on some metal work. . When I shave my drip rails , might make pillar covers that get higher than the windshield as they get closer to the hood, such as on the caddy cts coupe.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor