G force cross member

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I had to tap mine in with a big dead blow but it fit. Worn body bushings. I like it. Stiffened up the car noticeably too.
header3.jpg

crossmemberinstalled.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
II like it. Stiffened up the car noticeably too.
Really? I thought the original one looked pretty stout so I never thought about to even try and notice.
Plus I did other upgrades at the same time by changing from air shocks to bags (separate air lines) and installing the KYB mono-tube shocks all the way around.
I will say now my car my car rides like never before and seems to handle better but I never would have thought that the G-Force crossmember might make it stiffer.
I have wondered a few times if the core support to firewall rods make any difference at all but haven't tried looking for a set.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Really? I thought the original one looked pretty stout so I never thought about to even try and notice.
Plus I did other upgrades at the same time by changing from air shocks to bags (separate air lines) and installing the KYB mono-tube shocks all the way around.
I will say now my car my car rides like never before and seems to handle better but I never would have thought that the G-Force crossmember might make it stiffer.
I have wondered a few times if the core support to firewall rods make any difference at all but haven't tried looking for a set.
Maybe it's more noticeable on non TH200 4R cars since the original crossmember is at a angle.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor