Gas gauge test

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSmooth84

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2019
Sandiego,California's
My gas gauge was working fine then I changed all my dash needles that were broke now my gas gauge is not working it reads past full. I checked the ground at the rear by the gas tank sanded it down for better contact nothing changed, disconnected the pink wire thinking it would move the needle to empty nothing. Finally changed the sending unit inside gas tank still nothing. My guess is something went wrong with the dash gauge connection or the gauge itself. Any input on were i should be looking into.

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
My gas gauge was working fine then I changed all my dash needles that were broke now my gas gauge is not working it reads past full. I checked the ground at the rear by the gas tank sanded it down for better contact nothing changed, disconnected the pink wire thinking it would move the needle to empty nothing. Finally changed the sending unit inside gas tank still nothing. My guess is something went wrong with the dash gauge connection or the gauge itself. Any input on were i should be looking into.
If it reads past full, then it's not getting the right volts- check the sending wire with a meter and the PCB traces on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor