REGAL Gas in oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
I have learned the hard way that gas it your oil can start a fire under your hood . I did think a little gas would do much more then thin your oil a bit but the fumes will exit out the breaths can start a fire.

Working on a inline six got gas in the oil was adjusting the valves with the cover off, started it and the plug wires detonated the gas in the hot oil. Blew the oil pan right off the engine.:blam: Hard way indeed.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
Working on a inline six got gas in the oil was adjusting the valves with the cover off, started it and the plug wires detonated the gas in the hot oil. Blew the oil pan right off the engine.:blam: Hard way indeed.
Mine lesson wasn’t that bad but still did some damage. One of my friends lost a car to a fire from this exact thing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor