Gas petal clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwood Malibu

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
Hey I just finished putting new carpet in my Malibu but now I have issues with there not being enough clearance to get the petal to kick down. Any one got some tricks to fix this. I was thinking of just moving my throttle linkage back.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
The screws that hold the pedal assembly to the firewall may have pulled out.I bolted mine in,now it wont pull out.
Guy

azmalibuwagon

Master Mechanic
Sep 18, 2009
Phoenix
Highwood Malibu said:
I was thinking of just moving my throttle linkage back.

That's what I did. Don't forget to adjust the tv cable, too.

The new carpet is thicker, but after a few months under your foot, it may mash down enough that you'll need to re-adjust it,

Highwood Malibu

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
azmalibuwagon said:
Highwood Malibu said:
I was thinking of just moving my throttle linkage back.

That's what I did. Don't forget to adjust the tv cable, too.

The new carpet is thicker, but after a few months under your foot, it may mash down enough that you'll need to re-adjust it,
Yeah thanks I moved the throttle linkage and didn't have to worry bought the kickdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor