gas tank capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
I'm in the process of deciding whether to give in to my wagon lust with a Regal wagon I am currently looking at.

One of the things I'd like to make the wagon into is a road-tripper.

On that score, what's the capacity of the stock tank? Compared to the sedan/coupe, it looks seriously small. I did a few searches, and couldn't find the answer.

My basic plans are to drop in a Buick 350, get it running, then do a few upgrades over time. One of them may include fuel injection.

Leaving that last part aside, my concern in looking at the tank pictures is that no matter how efficient I make it, I'm gonna be hitting the gas station every two hours.

What do you guys think?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the capacity of my gas tank used to be about $20 but now it's around $50 but that's better then the $80 it cost me last year... :cry:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I personally like the Regal wagons. especially like the sloped nose look.
I also like the idea of going with a Buick 350 and keeping it all Buick.

There's a guy over at Malibu Racing that has a Regal (or Century) wagon with a Buick GN Turbo drive train. Cool car. It's a work in progress.

If I'm not mistaken. the gas tank size is either 15 or 17 gals. You would think I'd know this.. :?

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I believe they are listed at 18.2 gallons, but I never had the guts to go that low.

I have put 17 gallons in.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
here's another one I recently ran across

3n63pd3l1ZZZZZZZZZ95fb8946e4c6e131bc6.jpg

I'm not much for the rims ...

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Wants_a_wagon said:
here's another one I recently ran across

3n63pd3l1ZZZZZZZZZ95fb8946e4c6e131bc6.jpg

I'm not much for the rims ...

Are you kiddin' me? They MAKE the car. Especially on a green car!

Where's it at? Link to ad?

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
If it were me, I'd use steel wheels and little, little hubcaps. I'd drop a Pontiac 400 in that car.

I like sleepers.

Here's the link. The guy says it has rust on the off-side rear quarter.

It's in eastern Ohio.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
The link doesn't seem to work.

I'll paste it in.

1979 Pontiac Lemans Wagon, 17's!!!Trade 4 Bike or bug? - $2995 (East Liverpool)
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-15, 10:18PM EDT

1979 Pontiac Lemans Safari Wagon . Purchased from a 94 yr old woman(orig owner!) 97k orig miles, 231 v6/auto. New shocks,exhaust,oil,battery,plugs, fuel line & filter. Runs pretty well for age.minor rust here and there ,very typical for an ohio carbut by no means consided a rusty car!,very solid . Garaged its whole life. New 17x8 Cragar SS wheels w/ 245/45-17 hi po tires. looks great on the color of the wagon. Would love to keep th wagon but ive taken on too many projects this year.$2995 or best offer. Email this ad and il get back to you ASAP. Thanks David May trade for something smaller ? bike ,bug, etc.... E mail me with what you got guys!!!!!!

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor