Gas tank venting

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
Does anyone know if I can vent my gas tank to an oil catch can I was told I could do it at a shop I went to and the gases would just re-circulate into the system through the PCV valve. I have a Holly gbody replacement fuel pump in the car that doesn’t have a return only a gas line and a vent line and I don’t want to vent the gases outside and have my garage stink. also, I no longer have a carbon canister present
Thank you for the help.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I used this on my 81 Malibu. So far no gas smell in my garage. Havent seen any negative comments so I guess its okay to use. Got it at the local speed shop.

1684598907430.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
I used this on my 81 Malibu. So far no gas smell in my garage. Havent seen any negative comments so I guess its okay to use. Got it at the local speed shop.

View attachment 221090
Thank you. I bought that same part and was told to expect a smell…. good to know I could use that and not have the smell… only thing is I already snaked a line for the vent to the engine bay
Thank you for the help and will use this if I can’t use a catch can

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022

View attachment 221090
you attached it using self tappers? i need to attach a vac manifold and a couple coil relocating brackets and not sure how im going to do it. or where. trying to get an idea what you all are doing. possibly overthinking this

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
If you already ran a line to the engine compartment. You could use a OEM charcoal cannister. That is what they are for.
Vents or can's are still basically vented to atmosphere and neither will stop fumes or smell. It's like saying I have an open can of gas in the garage and it doesn't smell. Well that is subjective.

Mine will be vented to atmosphere too. If the smell is too much for me to handle. I have considered to set it up like the OEM did.

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
you attached it using self tappers? i need to attach a vac manifold and a couple coil relocating brackets and not sure how im going to do it. or where. trying to get an idea what you all are doing. possibly overthinking this
Not self tapping screws. Small SS threaded screws with nylocks.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Gonna look into that
I use Rivnuts for most any place on my cars I would typically install a sheet metal screw. Also works well on fiberglass and plastic.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor