GASKET SET OR "RIGHT STUFF"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Gasket set for what? One thing to keep in mind is that assemblies are often designed to require gaskets as spacers. Substitute sealant instead of a gasket can throw off the alignment of the parts.

Reactions: 1 user

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Buy the kit.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
valve covers, oil pan, water pump, timing cover ,intake... not heads or exhaust or tbi
On my Chevy's I use Moroso reinforced rubber gaskets with no sealant for valve covers, Fel Pro 1 piece rubber oil pan gaskets with Permatex ultra black in the corners.
Name brand timing cover and water pump fiber gaskets with a light coat of Permatex Ultra black on both sides and for the intake I use printo seal style gaskets (AFR brand on the BBC) with only a bead of Permatex on the china walls

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Don't get cheap gaskets either. For intake manifold gaskets I like to use the stamped shim metal type which resists being sucked in. Same reason to use shim core valve cover gaskets. Of course use 1 piece oil pan gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor