Gauge circuit board ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’m about to replace the circuit board in my dash. I got the correct part #. Is there any special tricks, cautions or anything I should be aware of before i start? I’ve got the full factory gauge package so there are 11 of the little metal clips that I have to transfer, plus all the lights. I don’t want to damage ANYTHING, so I’m asking before I start.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’m about to replace the circuit board in my dash. I got the correct part #. Is there any special tricks, cautions or anything I should be aware of before i start? I’ve got the full factory gauge package so there are 11 of the little metal clips that I have to transfer, plus all the lights. I don’t want to damage ANYTHING, so I’m asking before I start.
Pics to know what I’m talking about

Attachments

• 148A385B-AEB8-4086-B542-C52844598311.jpeg
    148A385B-AEB8-4086-B542-C52844598311.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 142

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Remove the gauges from the bucket before attempting to remove the metal clips.

Plan on breaking the black "moustache" that holds the board down near the cluster connection....I've never been able to save one

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Remove the gauges from the bucket before attempting to remove the metal clips.

Plan on breaking the black "moustache" that holds the board down near the cluster connection....I've never been able to save one
Are the moustache clips available? As the pic shows, everything else is removed. I’ve repainted the shadow box already.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Not that I have found, Mine seems to work OK without it, but still, there was a reason GM used it

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor