GRAND PRIX Gauge question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm also using a CS-130 alternator and using the resistor for the excite circuit. My volt gauge does not have a volt light in it.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
The volt gauge circuit will have about 25 ohms of resistance in it, which is about right to excite an SI series alternator without back feeding the ignition and keeping the engine running after you turn the key off. The CS series of alternators require 35 to 350 ohms of resistance on the excite wire or the regulator will eventually burn up.

If the car had any odd issues with wanting to run on for a second after turning the key off after the cluster was installed, a resistor would fix the issue but shouldn't be necessary most of the time.

I didn't want to say that it would never be needed, in case an oddball scenario like that happened.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm also using a CS-130 alternator and using the resistor for the excite circuit. My volt gauge does not have a volt light in it.
In my personal stash I have a set with white needles & the volt gauge has a small hole with a red lens behind it with a bulb in behind everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor