GBF Bad Rap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Still jamming at 60! One of the Runaways in 1976! I recently read that the bass player in the Bangles was also one of the originals.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Go on a site like Real Olds Power, talk about needing flame retardant underwear! They will tell you every way they can, how useless you are and many are Olds parts suppliers and engine builders! Yeah, we need to be kind to new people, ROP is nearly dead for a reason. I must resist the urge to say how much I hate their LS swap😏.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
This is one of the most laid back and helpful forums I've ever been around. Without the "good ol boys" you have zero knowledge base and no reason to come here looking for answers. Have some respect for your fellow enthusiast and it's really not hard to have a good time here. I haven't been here real long so I can remember being one of the newbs. A couple hard cases floating around but honestly I don't have an issue with any member here. A total gold mine of information. I also don't have issues with different types of builds/styles and appreciate the art of car culture in it's many forms.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ive seen hate hear... Air bags big wheels 454s in Iowa. I respect some of those big wheel cars because the body and paint is often gorgeous! Not my style but beautiful none the less. Not one of my cars is shiney and straight like those guys I'd like to see some build threads on them did they do the body work? What products did they use? Know what in saying.

Reactions: 5 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Ive seen hate hear... Air bags big wheels 454s in Iowa. I respect some of those big wheel cars because the body and paint is often gorgeous! Not my style but beautiful none the less. Not one of my cars is shiney and straight like those guys I'd like to see some build threads on them did they do the body work? What products did they use? Know what in saying.
Easy to insult what we don't like. As you said, if it is well executed, admire the skill it took to get there.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You should always be able to express your opinion about not liking something without hating on it. Or liking something without loving it and drooling all over it. Different strokes kind of a thing. You can choose to refrain from being a butthole about it. Should simply be an adult about it. Some projects make you wonder why, others make you sad, others make you happy, and others make you wonder why YOU didn't think of that or wish you had the money/skills/time, etc.....everyone brings something to the table.

The reputation we have is what we'll have to work with. I'm confident there's likely few, if any, G-body forums other than this one that have the collective knowledge and/or experience to be able to solve nearly any issue a G-body may have. If there is, great. But I doubt it.

• Friendly
Reactions: 6 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
  • Friendly
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That goes both ways, if someone dislikes a setup and gives an opinion on it that is usually met with branding him/her a hater........if you put it out there you should be able to accept critisicm

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor