GBF Bad Rap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
So there are NO salvage yards in Washington state, or is he just too lazy to go find them?

8 MONTHS to find frame mounts, I'm calling :bs:
Here's a place in Vancouver, Wa. The was able to drop ship a bellhousing from another yard in Maryland back in '98 when I did the 4 speed conversion & had a Z-bar frame bracket for my '72 in '99. Think they would have or can locate Olds brackets.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Let me just say this: The site DOES have a bad rap as somewhat of a "good old boys" club. as in Hostile to noobs. Especially if your car happens to sit a little higher or lower or be "customized" to a certain extent. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

All you have to do is either A) Actually still help them out, regardless of what you think of their car. And/or B) just scroll on by without harassment or "noob!" -calling. There is also NO REQUIREMENT for people to tell you their life stories and all about their cars just to be a part of the site. NONE. ZERO. Please stop trying to enforce rules that do not exist. Part of the "Welcome to GBF" message that every new user gets encourages them to do this, but its not required.

I get that some of you have been around the site for years. That's cool. I appreciate it. We all jumped on the intarwebs at some point without clue one about what we were supposed to do or how exactly things worked. A simple "hey post that here instead" or "can you be more specific" goes a long way.

And once more, I'd REALLY appreciate it if you could stop harassing existing sponsors or potential sponsors. I get that they may have issues, or you personally don't like how they operate. Badmouthing them on the site every time they come up just bc they sent you the wrong part one time or you think they're too expensive or whatever isn't cool. Take it up with them through their own channels. We've lost sponsors bc of stuff like this and it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Bc that IS the rap that this site is getting out there.

Thanks, carry on.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
GP403 has a point. I have to reluctantly admit that I don't want to see the bar closed down on account of too many citations for underage drinking....

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'll give UMI crap about the springs. That's just wrong for them to tell someone to cut a brand new part after they spent the time and/or money to install it, only to have the company basically say "tough sh*t" on a forum full of potential customers. Self inflicted as far as I'm concerned. ...

As far as sponsorship, well, I got nothin'.

How about renaming the New User section to Snowflake Safe Space?

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I agree about the sponsors and no need to hop on them because you felt they dissed you somehow in the past just because they post here. OTOH, if they're in the wrong when they post here, they don't get preferential treatment as far as I'm concerned. Unlikely that will happen, but just sayin'...and I still expect stories of vendor experiences to be posted (honest ones, not the butthurt emotional overridden kind where they only tell 10% of the story like conveniently leaving out the stupid crap they did on their end) so that everyone can learn what they can expect when dealing with a particular vendor- both good and bad. But be honest about it.

I think I'll fix the entire worry about noobs. If I look at their post count and it's less than 25, I'm not even going to engage. Then when I do, they won't be noobs any more. Problem solved on this end.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
There was that one that did custom direct fit gauge clusters & I never seen a negative posting about them. Seemed like as soon as they came aboard they left.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
1) Your site, your rules. I think we all know the sponsors help/or keep the "lights" on. Bad "reviews" will hurt a business. Most businesses will work with you rather than have a disgruntled customer.
2) One needs to have thick skin. I personally don't let things bother me but some people can't let anything or what they consider a slight get by. Basically they can't let anything go. (I had an ex-wife like this. Optimal word ex.)
My Grandmother always said, "don't get into a braying contest with a jackass."
3) Some people ask help and or opinions. People on this site will attempt to give help/advice but then they either don't take the advice or they get an attitude at the people giving advice. Then the thread goes to sh*t. Oh well.
4) all in all, I think people are pretty fair. We do need to help/do whatever can keep this site viable and profitable. Money is what everything revolves around. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor