Gbody bbc steel engine side mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Maybe I should go solid but I worry about shaking the car apart. It's a street strip deal but dont want to destroy the car driving it
I run the solid moroso mounts , I honestly dont notice anything different from the stock ones besides alot more room down there to work with

Reactions: 1 user

Jame

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2018
What trans mount are you using. I guess I'm not against solid just thought it shook the car apart with actually driven

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
👍

Attachments

• 51Tn5SnZ18L._AC_SY400_-1.jpg
    51Tn5SnZ18L._AC_SY400_-1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 126

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
What trans mount are you using. I guess I'm not against solid just thought it shook the car apart with actually driven
I got the energy suspension one attached to my 4 speed to stock cross member ,I'm against running solid trans mounts due to flex in the car I've snapped trans because of it but I'm sure someone will probably contradict that lol just my opinion

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
The combination I’m using are steel motor mounts and a factory style/replacement rubber transmission mount. It seems to work great.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I have run solid mounts in many cars. If the cam is not that radical you won't even notice it. And like was said, a rubber or poly trans mount is a must. I ran solid motor and a poly mount in my Chevelle going 8.80's. I plan on using solid motor mounts in my Malibu when I do the big Block swap, and I have solids in my current project Chevelle with the 454 in it.

Jame

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2018
Guess you all have convinced we to take the easy way out and I'll run solids. Thanks I was unaware a street strip car could handle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor