Gbody dash lights pig tails!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2019
Hey everyone looking for some help on finding dash light pig tails, my 1981 Grand Prix is done up for drag racing but still street legal, the speedo and clock are still stock and still use the indicator light but the hokey copper plastic backing and the plug it plugs into are trashed , I want to change to a light socket that has a ground and power wire coming off of them so I can hard wire it, any one know what plug to use or who makes something like this?

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Hey everyone looking for some help on finding dash light pig tails, my 1981 Grand Prix is done up for drag racing but still street legal, the speedo and clock are still stock and still use the indicator light but the hokey copper plastic backing and the plug it plugs into are trashed , I want to change to a light socket that has a ground and power wire coming off of them so I can hard wire it, any one know what plug to use or who makes something like this?
When you say "hocky plastic backing", do you mean the printed circuit on the back of the instrument cluster?
And for the plug connection, at the back of the cluster, or coming out from the dashboard?
New printed circuits can be found at Eckler's and/or Dixie Restoration, probably elsewhere as well.
If the dash plug is toast, I would probably look for one at the wrecking yard, and carefully remove the wiring tabs and transfer them into the good plug one at a time.
Hope this was helpful to you.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If the dash plug is toast, I would probably look for one at the wrecking yard, and carefully remove the wiring tabs and transfer them into the good plug one at a time.
They are out there new.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
They are out there new.
Thank you, pagrunt, I figured they might be had somewhere, but have never seen them listed.

Reactions: 1 user
Jun 30, 2019
When you say "hocky plastic backing", do you mean the printed circuit on the back of the instrument cluster?
And for the plug connection, at the back of the cluster, or coming out from the dashboard?
New printed circuits can be found at Eckler's and/or Dixie Restoration, probably elsewhere as well.
Hope this was helpful to you.
Thanks for responding! I’m going from factory speedo and factory clock ( car dosent have the in dash tach ) to sport comp 2 tach and electric speedo, it’s basically my street strip car and was rewired before I bought it to be street legal but nothing more , he used the factory style plug that’s mounted in the dash but I just want my signal/ highbeam indacator lights to work that’s why I want pig tails that would work in place of the factory style 1/4 turn light bulbs and printed circuit , I’ll just wire hard wire them from the factory dash plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor