gbody hodrod cadillac!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
ok. there is two things i love in this world in the automotive industry. 1 gbodys. 2 cadillacs. in 1978 and 79 the cadillac seville was on the gbody platform. not to many people know about it but i was wondering if anyone on the forum has built one or know someone who has? i would love to build a pro touring 78 seville but there kinda hard to find. let me know what you think on the whole thing. heres a couple pic of a 78 and 79 seville. they only came in a 4dr but they are rwd. i think if you put a hotchkis susp, some staggerd wheels in like a 18x10r and 18x8.5f and a t56 behind a big block caddy motor you would have a Hell of a car!!! whatca think????

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,766
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 2,454

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
I worked for Cadillac and didn't realize they switched from the Nova platform that the first three model years had. They still had the Olds 350 with efi didn't they? :oops:

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
Randy_W said:
I worked for Cadillac and didn't realize they switched from the Nova platform that the first three model years had. They still had the Olds 350 with efi didn't they? :oops:

i believe so.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
ya beat me to it !

IIRC they were built on the 70's Nova platform ( x body ) and were unibody construction unlike the gbody which uses body on frame. Back in the 90's a buddy from highschool had a couple of them and man they were slowwwww :rofl:

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
Like I said, the early ones were on the Nova platform, hell, everything was sloooowww about then! :mrgreen:

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The Seville was built on the Nova platform from '76-'79. Having it built that way allowed GM to produce a less expensive Cadillac model in a more cost effective way. If you look underneath one of these cars, you'll see that it has a separate front subframe, the same as a Nova, and very similiar to the 2nd generation Camaro & Firebird. The G body cars had a full frame, which the early Sevilles don't have.
The Seville was GM's answer to the Lincoln Versailles, which was built on the Ford Granada platform. It was kind of ironic, that GM and Ford were producing luxury cars that were based on economy car platforms.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
It does appear that the "K-body", based on the X platform was used and not the G. But to correct one post, the Seville was introduced and the Versailles was in response to it as was the Fifth Avenue, not the other way 'round. :wink:

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
Its almost as bad as when cadillac decided to use the crappy cavalier and throw gold emblems on it and called it cimarron.lol

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
Mikes83ss said:
Its almost as bad as when cadillac decided to use the crappy cavalier and throw gold emblems on it and called it cimarron.lol

us cadillac fans dont like to bring up the cimarron or the first catera as being actual cadillacs. however the second wagon i ever owned was a mint green 86 caviler wagon that i put a cimarron front end on.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
so the late 70s seville is NOT on a gbody platform?! thats what i get for running with what one of my buddys tell me!!!!
i will have to correct him. thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor