Gbody loses to an Hbody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
JBreu said:
BTW, next time I'll let your friend borrow my brown '84 Monte 😀
to funny :rofl:

:rofl:
The car lifted shifting into 3rd gear :?: Did you use your "push to pass" on him :?: :popcorn:

RITTER said:
The car lifted shifting into 3rd gear :?: Did you use your "push to pass" on him :?: :popcorn:

Well i don't mean the tires came off the ground or anything lol. But the front of the car came up a good 3-4". 26" tires with 2.29 gears, TH350 with an RV shift kit shifting from 3rd to 4th at about 5500 RPMs... I guess you could call 3rd 'push to pass' lol.

Phoenyx said:
RITTER said:

TH350 with an RV shift kit shifting from 3rd to 4th at about 5500 RPMs... I guess you could call 3rd 'push to pass' lol.

how did you get a 4th gear from a th350 ? did you have a gear venders or something like that also installed?

Oops, my bad. Meant 2nd to 3rd.

Sometimes those 305 setups with those highway gears have great top end pulling power. When I had my '89 Formula 305 TBI 700R4 awfulmatic, I raced my buddy and his '89 GTA (350 TPI 700R4). Both our cars had a 2.73 rear gear ratio (the GTA posi and my Formula not) He obviously pulled on me from the get go, but at about 70-80 I started gaining back on him and at 105 I was passing him. He was pissed! CHRIS.O can vouch for this story, he was riding in the GTA :twisted:

i agree .some stock 305 have more hp than stock 350 add that with them desert gears and u have a nice little runner on the top end side (for stock)
RITTER said:
Sometimes those 305 setups with those highway gears have great top end pulling power. When I had my '89 Formula 305 TBI 700R4 awfulmatic, I raced my buddy and his '89 GTA (350 TPI 700R4). Both our cars had a 2.73 rear gear ratio (the GTA posi and my Formula not) He obviously pulled on me from the get go, but at about 70-80 I started gaining back on him and at 105 I was passing him. He was pissed! CHRIS.O can vouch for this story, he was riding in the GTA :twisted:

That reminds me of my H body, a 79 Olds Starfire GT, Black w/ gold graphics, 4BBL Buick 231 and a 4 speed. My younger brother used to bash that car, called it a POS. Then, he picked up a 81 TA and thought he was hot sh*t. Smoked him EVERY time! :rofl:

5379197701_99c2e7c4d8_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor