Gbody Lower Control Arms and Spindles - same as S10 and Blazer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanHensler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2013
Do mid 80's through 2005 GM S10/Blazer/Jimmy 2WD vehicles have the same front lower control arms and spindles as GBody's do?

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The 1995 up 2wd Blazer spindles are not the same, they are better, with 2 piston calipers, 11" brakes and sealed bolt in hubs... but are compatible with G-body arms/ball joints.

Pickups got the regular G-body stuff, 4WD's got their own stuff.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
so am I hearing that the lower control arms are the same but the spindles are not?
the 2wd s10 pickup, sonoma ,blazer and jimmy use the same control arms. as for the spindles the 2wd s10,sonoma are the same.
the blazer/jimmy is where it gets weird. Up till 97 the blazer/jimmy used the g-body style spindle. in 98 the spindle was changed on blazer/jimmy only to use a dual piston caliper, larger rotor and unitized bolt on wheel bearing.the spindle will fit the gbody just like stock and provide better brake performance with super easy parts access at any local auto store. i have the setup on my 81 wagon and will be doing the same to my 83. aftermarket lowering spindles for the blazer /jimmy are a bit higher in price. belltech is the only manufacturer of them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

CartmanTD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 8, 2012
Catonsville, Maryland
Also make sure if you get s10 parts you install g body bushings in the lower control arm. The bolts are different thickness. The trucks use a thicker bolt. Only reason I know is I put a spare set of brand new poly bushings I had in the front of my 95 s-10, along with replacing the right front lower control arm with one from a parts car Monte I had.

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Will it lower the front end any by putting on the s10/jimmy spindles and lower control arm? I have an 84ss that I'd like to do the swap and also lower the front atleast an inch or so ?Thanks ahead of time for any help.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Will it lower the front end any by putting on the s10/jimmy spindles and lower control arm? I have an 84ss that I'd like to do the swap and also lower the front atleast an inch or so ?Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Proforged Tall lower ball joints will lower the front end by about .75" and improve steering and handling.

They are $50/each at Summit.

Just swapping over jimmy arms/spindles won't lower the car, but the dual piston 11" brakes will improve stopping.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Proforged Tall lower ball joints will lower the front end by about .75" and improve steering and handling.

They are $50/each at Summit.

Just swapping over jimmy arms/spindles won't lower the car, but the dual piston 11" brakes will improve stopping.
Thanks this is the kind of information i needed to know now i have something to go on.!! Thank you Sir, i appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor