gbody MC for sale

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
With those kinda prices I should be able to get $20K+ for mine. Mine even comes with power window switches.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Its prohibited in most states for car dealers to sell emissions tampered cars like that, especially in Cali. They probably are being sold because the owner can't get them passed CARB inspections.

The 83 has an illegal and crappy aftermarket carb swap along with an even crappier foam air cleaner. Its a fire waiting to happen.

The 85 has less clear pictures of the engine. However, it has a weird alternator setup with a V belt. Stock MCSSs used a ribbed belt for the alternator so something hinky there. I can at least see the AIR system has been removed and a crappy hot air K&N aircleaner installed.

Last edited:

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Its prohibited in most states for car dealers to sell emissions tampered cars like that, especially in Cali. They probably are being sold because the owner can't get them passed CARB inspections.

The 83 has an illegal and crappy aftermarket carb swap along with an even crappier foam air cleaner. Its a fire waiting to happen.

The 85 has less clear pictures of the engine. However, it has a weird alternator setup with a V belt. Stock MCSSs used a ribbed belt for the alternator so something hinky there. I can at least see the AIR system has been removed and a crappy hot air K&N aircleaner installed.
call up the dealership and ask how much they'll pay you to take cars off their hands 😁

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Looks like they put one too many zeros on each of the prices. They look like they should be $900 and $1200.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
call up the dealership and ask how much they'll pay you to take cars off their hands 😁

Used car dealers are infamous for being shady, and many are not very bright in regards of automotive mechanics. Sadly its pretty common in the old car scene for people to sell their self created headaches off to others. However, one could buy one of both of those cars and then turn around and sue the dealership for selling a defective, non road worthy car due to the missing low emission equipment preventing registration. They probably rather settle out of court then to get on CARB's radar. Even Texas fines car dealers $25K for selling each emission tampered car and I doubt the smog Nazis in CA are any more lenient toward their dealers.

Last edited:

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Used car dealers are infamous for being shady, and many are not very bright in regards of automotive mechanics. Sadly its pretty common in the old car scene for people to sell their self created headaches off to others. However, one could buy one of both of those cars and then turn around and sue the dealership for selling a defective, non road worthy car due to the missing low emission equipment preventing registration. They probably rather settle out of court then to get on CARB's radar. Even Texas fines car dealers $25K for selling each emission tampered car and I doubt the smog Nazis in CA are any more lenient toward their dealers.
so you're saying these could be free parts cars? (y)

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Did anyone look at the 84 regal and cutlass. Both have hydraulics. The regal is missing one bolt in each upper control arm.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor