GBody Parts warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, my CC company got me the refund. I now have to get them from someone else. I did other business with them, and things went OK. But with this, they kept giving me the run around, and just quit responding to my emails. No phone, so can't talk.
Have you checked with Mike's Montes? He can get nearly everything G body parts has that is new. Mikes is local to me, he's a good guy.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Have you checked with Mike's Montes? He can get nearly everything G body parts has that is new. Mikes is local to me, he's a good guy.
I'll second that.

Dixie if I have to.

GBP...never. Too many retreads of the same story to ever even try

Reactions: 2 users

Mike231

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2020
Maryland
I've bought from Mike's. Good service. I've also used Classic industries, OPGI, and Cars (oldbuickparts.com) with good results.

Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Mike is the go-to for me, have used GBP with general success but have had a couple minor issues with them in the past.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
There's a difference of having 20 years of experience, and having 1 year's experience 20 times when it comes to good business practices.
I’ve seen this same scenario play out with other customers over the years. I’ve never used GBP but it seems they have a problem with customer service and run out of patience quickly. Keeping the general public happy is not an easy task and requires a certain personality to do it well.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I’ve seen this same scenario play out with other customers over the years. I’ve never used GBP but it seems they have a problem with customer service and run out of patience quickly. Keeping the general public happy is not an easy task and requires a certain personality to do it well.
Agreed. When we are talking in terms of over a decade now I'm sure businesses and people can, and sometimes do, change.

However, I've seen cycles of issues from others, have first hand knowledge of 'ownership issues/clouds' on the original parts cars that got the business going when it was only used parts, and have heard from former suppliers/business associates who worked with them years ago about many issues in the organization such as zoning/permitting, substance use by employees. Staffing issues in general, etc.

I will say this... not everyone is cut out to run or own a business on their own, and often there is a need to put in positions of authority others who can supplement your weaknesses. Depending how well you do that, and how good your choices of how and to whom you delegate things are, makes a world of difference.

Reactions: 2 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
it's odd,he's been in business for a long time and from what I understand has quite the warehouse.the last year car craft was in print they did a spread on his vast gbody knowledge and his collection of low mile examples.they painted a much different story than what the customer's experience.there's two sides to a story but hearing the same story over and over..

He is in business because it's a niche market. It's not like shopping for T shirts, were there are so many options on what and where to buy.

G body has some parts, nobody else has so there are times the market is forced to deal with them. While there may be many good transactions. They fail to resolve the few that are not good.

I work for a robotics company. There is SO much potential to make someone unhappy and complain. We deal with hundreds of cases a week but my boss will go to great lengths to satisfy the unhappy ones, even if it means losing money. Concentrate on the negative reviews, even if it's 1% of your business.

Reactions: 4 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
"Money comes and goes, but reputation is forever"(my personal quote).... why cant everyone in general, or those that run a buisness get that? smh

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor