Gbody Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Hey guys.

Sorry if this is the wrong location for this post. Im picking up a 81 malibu with a 5.3LS swap for 4500. Good deal? Very good shape and runs amazing. Has a turbo 350 hedders intake and exhaust.

It doesnt have power steering any suggestions for that if needed? Im excited to pick this ride up!! Heard alot of good things about them swaps.

oLdS1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2018
Van Wert OH
Hey guys.

Sorry if this is the wrong location for this post. Im picking up a 81 malibu with a 5.3LS swap for 4500. Good deal? Very good shape and runs amazing. Has a turbo 350 hedders intake and exhaust.

It doesnt have power steering any suggestions for that if needed? Im excited to pick this ride up!! Heard alot of good things about them swaps.

Use the stock pump from any Chevy truck the 5.3 came from and the stock lines from the car work fine. You may need a smaller pulley depending on the mount location.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
What power does the stock 5.3 make should be a fun car? Sounds awesome too haha

oLdS1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2018
Van Wert OH
No problem. I finished an LS1 swap in my in my Olds not too long ago. Any other questions let me know.

It'll be fun for sure. Is it a carb set up or injected? Either way the price is good! I can't tell you how much I have sitting in mine at this point. 5.3s are in the low 300hp range but you'll like it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Nice cant wait to get it heres a pic if it worked

Attachments

• 20180603_124234.jpg
    20180603_124234.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 313
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor