Gbody Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
What about installation of power steering what's involved? Its got the lower mount alternator

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Hey guys got the car other day and I love it and very fun to drive. Noticed abit of squeaking over bumps and turning sometimes. Was thinking outer tie rod's? They look pretty worn.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Gen3 and gen4 5.3s are both generally iron block. There are some exceptions. I do agree that the gen3 does feel a little more frisky which is probably due to the lighter rods.

Let's say that they average 300 horsepower across the years and generations. And it's a lively 300. Congrats on the car, sounds like fun!

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hey guys got the car other day and I love it and very fun to drive. Noticed abit of squeaking over bumps and turning sometimes. Was thinking outer tie rod's? They look pretty worn.
Does it have any urethane bushings in the front end? They can be prone to squeeking if not lubed correctly when installed.

Low mount alternator indicates F body or GTO front accessory drive. Pics? Does the car still have a power steering gearbox or does it have a manual box?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have the GM LS Hot Cam in the 5.3 in my truck that I daily drive. I like it. It doesn't seem to be a well liked cam on the internet but I got a great deal on it and the matching LS6 valve springs. It sounds great and really woke that little engine up. I really like that it is a GM engineered setup. I have 80k miles on the setup with no difficulty and no need to change valve springs.

Reactions: 1 user

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
How hard is it to get a new guage cluster like something like my picture i attached?

Anyone have anything similar or a good idea for it?

Attachments

• 170-78-50111.jpg
    170-78-50111.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 252
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor