Gbody windshield interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
This is going to seem strange but with older builds and budget constraints ,add parts availability maybe it might seem even from an information point to be of interest hypotheticly...or not...Seeing the size difference in say a late 80s s10 and say the same ranges of a gbody I came to the information both windshields were listed sizes 58"x27.5" would anybody ever know if we have a workable swap here the monte listed just over 2" curvature I don't know on the s10 situ.. there of course negate the antennas ect .anyone know ?

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have had 2 brand new windshields installed in 2 of my Gbody's I was told from the installer that GM used this windshield in later model trucks which is why they come with the rear view mirror mount for the later years.

Reactions: 1 user

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
Thanks that about says it" a cardboard cut curvature /profile for the doubtful' lol

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I have never found any listings outside of the '78-'88 production run on what windsheilds that interchange. Since I need one with an antenna it always limits my listings. One thing not in the posting is if that possible interchange with a S truck is for a 2 door or 4 door.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
Pics
Pics can't get 2 pics to upload probly have to have 5 posts ect they were comparisons

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I guess what I don’t understand is why people are looking for interchanges when new ones are readily available. Last one I had replaced was about four years ago on a wagon which is even less common than the two door and was installed for $200. I have yet to find a salvage windshield that was worth the effort to cut out and transport

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I guess what I don’t understand is why people are looking for interchanges when new ones are readily available. Last one I had replaced was about four years ago on a wagon which is even less common than the two door and was installed for $200. I have yet to find a salvage windshield that was worth the effort to cut out and transport
Different prices in different areas in general, sometimes whats $200 new one place is $450 elsewhere. Also, in the world of 'old' car parts as we enter the collector realm, sometimes buying a new windshield for a different application carries a much different price.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor