GBotM: 1/16 Congrats Vanrah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
By just one vote, Vanrah and his Malibu take the title with 35% of the tally....

Greetings Guys; One of the fellas from Mecum Auction service called my car a Pro Touring car. Does that make it pro touring? I've thought of The Bronze Brick as a amateur (hobby) touring all this time as few Pro's (guys making a living) have worked on it! Laugh now please. Anyway I've always tried to keep my sites on a Road Car (we use to call them 2 Lane Black Top cars) as I want to drive mine as much as possible. But since I really like drag rac'in, I'm maybe a little bias in that direction. Well I like Auto X TOo & plan to do more. As this passed summer I did two passes at Car Craft Nat's. If you ever get a chance make a pass or two it will humble you quickly. Then a few years back I made 5 laps on the Black Hawk Farms Road Course, the Ultimate back road & I want a GO back again. So what I'm say'in is my goal has been a balanced car that you can drive anywhere the roads are paved. Some of you guys may have noticed I haven't made a new for sale post! I'll post more on this subject over on my 9C1 thread, later. So please consider The Bronze Brick if It fits the category? Thanks Bob Jr.

img_0764-jpg.45845

img_0761-jpg.45846

14-05-57-jpg.45848

img_0762-jpg.45847

malibu-int-dr-view_09-jpg.45849

Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Bob,

Your time to shine! Recognition of all the work maintaining and upgrading the Brick! Congratulations!!!!!

(Hey - I still have a similar Alpine radio I saved from my original wagon back in the day!)

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
It's amazing how your 37-year-old GM dash still looks new! I really like the tucked bumpers. Now that I have some big photos to check out your ride, I realize that they thoroughly modernize the style of the Malibu body lines. Nice!

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Blake, Quinn & guys; Thank you, you made my day. But will it show up in the banner, sooner or later? I've been seriously considering an up grade to the exhaust & need to sell the MT ET's to meet next summers planed Auto X & midnight drags during Car Craft Nat's. I hope I can stay awake that late?? Bob Jr.

Attachments

• Bryon Malibu Burnout_10.JPG
    Bryon Malibu Burnout_10.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 343

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Congratulations Bob!
Kudos well deserved... gotta love the bronze brick.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
congratulations!! I had that same Alpine in my 79 GP BUT with the cd adaptor cassette thingy!! BTW that BU is a bad ****!!

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Thank you Dr78442, Vaughn3031, Longroof79, 85PLef41 & any others that voted for the Brick. I'm not sure, but when you get car of the month, doesn't it show up in the header on the home page for that month? Of course I check 3-4 or more times each day, as I've told friends & family to take a look. If any of you guys can make the Car Craft Nat's this summer, I sure would like to have a beer (with or without roots) & jaw bone with ya a for while. I won't be too far from the auto X area. I'd like to see a combined time event for the quickest auto X & the best ET slip from the Saturday night drags. The winner of that combo event would certainly be The Car of the Show. Maybe I could place in the top ten if only 11 entered, Bob Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor