GBOTM: August '12 Entries Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
The topic for this month is full blown race cars. So as a requirement the car must not be street legal.

This months topic was selected by 442Lou

If you have a race car be sure to post some pics. Details of your setup. any videos of passes. And of course time slip and dyno info.

I don't want to have rules because then they have to be enforced.

The car should have a cage or roll bar. The purpose of the car should be the track. It shouldnt be a street car that you through slicks on and now you consider it a race car.

I would like you guys to use your own judgement as to whether or not your car fits in this month when submitting.

Thanks-Mike

So by street legal do you mean cant be registered or insured?

My car is registered, insured and ummmm inspected. I do drive it on the street but it is far from a street car.

can I submit? except for the body and paint im all together

Is there such a thing as a full blown racecar???
I can submit a pic of my last full blown race car too but i'd rather submit a pic of my 83 Cutlass which I still like to call a street car....LOL
I have pics and time slips but no dyno information. Most do it yourself guys don't have a dyno and would rather spend the money on performance parts than paying a shop for dyno time. I'd rather tune mine by the time slip....LOL

Im thinking we need to have some guidelines of what makes it for this month. I love the G body of the month.

Im thinking, It needs to have a certified cage. roll bar at least.

Im rocking a 10 point, certed to 8.5

Here is a picture of my last "full blown race car"

dragster.jpg

But here is my Cutlass that I will submit for August...LOL

100_0398.jpg

0306111632.jpg

downsized_1003001454.jpg

I can post more if needed.

I don't want to have rules because then they have to be enforced.

The car should have a cage or roll bar. The purpose of the car should be the track. It shouldnt be a street car that you through slicks on and now you consider it a race car.

I would like you guys to use your own judgement as to whether or not your car fits in this month when submitting.

Well I've got two G Bodies to enter for this. First up, 1987 Buick Regal T Type. 3.8L all forged internals, ported heads, 95mm Turbo I believe, Stainless steel exhaust, Turbo 400 tranmission with a full manual reverse valve body, transbrake, 8.5 rear end built to take a beating, 8 point certified 9.90's cage, Weld Drag lights 28-12.5-15 slicks. The regal is street legal BUT. With the boost turned all the way up to 35 PSI it runs 8.80's in the 1/4. But never again will it get turned up that high lol I understand now why parachutes are require for 150 mph or faster....

Attachments

• IMG_3396.jpg
    IMG_3396.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,781
  • IMG_8029.jpg
    IMG_8029.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 1,786
  • IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,786
  • IMG_7239.jpg
    IMG_7239.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,778
Chris Van said:
And it's even the right color.... LOL
Nice car.

Lol I said the same thing when I saw your Cutlass! What kind of times is that bad boy puttin' down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor