GBOTM: Congratulations to AllMotorMalibu our Nov. 14 Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
Congratulations to AllMotorMalibu for being our winner this month! It was left open to all Gbodys, but his Malibu surely stood out.
AllMotorMalibu took 5 out of the 20 votes which is 25%!

Check out his ride!

Malibu1_zps723140fd.jpg

Malibu2_zps8e3eb953.jpg

Malibu_seat_zps49dc961d.jpg

Malibu_trunk_zpsba75ed62.jpg

BES_bbc_2_zps922ea915.jpg

cecil_county_dragway_outlaw_street_car_shootout005_zps89dfd1cb.jpg

CCB_9466-XL_zps744d3307.jpg

Congratulations again to AllMotorMalibu. We would love to have more info on the car so feel free to post it up.
Thank you again to everyone who participated this month!

Mike

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Re: GBOTM: Congratulations to AllMotorMalibu our Nov. 14 Win

congrats! well deserved win... I wouldn't stand a chance next your mali! :mrgreen: I only hope to get a 78-80 Malibu and build it up! your ride is bitchin! :wink: matter a fact I'm making it my background pic on my laptop.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA

Congrats, you've got a very clean and fast ride!
T

AllMotorMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2014

Wow, thanks this is a real honor to be chosen.

More about the car. I've owned the car since 1992, has been through two full frame off rebuilds, raced most of the time I've owned it since in the early years it wasn't street legal due to MD emissions.

The past three years the car has been raced in a heads up drag radial class called Ultra Street or Ultra 275 as our home track calls is. We've been lucky enough to win several races over the years and set two track records as well as setting the record for the quickest N/A car in 2013. The 2014 season wasn't as kind as we had a major engine failure mid summer which put the car on the stands until just last week. Due to the increasing cost of keeping up, additional maintenance and constant rules changes I decided to leave Ultra and convert the car back to 1/4 mile setup and slow the car to run 8.50 index.

The engine is a conventional headed 594 ci bbc (4.650" bore x 4.375" stroke). Last year the engine made 1205 hp/905 ft/lbs naturally aspirated. Detuned now it makes a little over 1100 hp. trans is a Rossler powerglide, Ultimate Converter Concepts 8" converter and a TRZ chromoly sheetmetal 9" housing with 40 spline Strange internals. The chassis is still stock style suspension and I performed the SFI 25.3 chassis/cage and all fabrication on the car. The car right now sits right around 3025 lbs with driver.

Best performance in Ultra trim was a 4.98 @ 138.8 mph with an all time best 60' of 1.125 on the 275/60-15 DOT drag radial tire.

Winter is right around the corner, but I'm still trying to get back out a couple times to test before the tracks close, if we can get some cooperation with the weather. Race was cancelled last weekend, will try again this coming Saturday.

Thanks again for being chosen the BGOTM.
Todd Geisler

edit: BTW, the top couple pics were from a photo shoot for when the car was featured in the March 2013 issue of CHP magazine.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Congratulations Todd!
Very nicely done Malibu. As far as race cars go, that is one of the cleanest, most detailed 'bu's I've ever seen.
Well deserved kudos. :)

BTW,the photos were very well done...

88ss408

Master Mechanic
Feb 25, 2007
baie st anne n.b

That is one bad @$$ Malibu you got there my friend!

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL

Perfect stance, perfect everything! What is the chin spoiler made out of if you don't mind me asking? Looking for something custom for my cutlass when shes on the road this spring.

AllMotorMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2014

V6UnderPressure said:
Perfect stance, perfect everything! What is the chin spoiler made out of if you don't mind me asking? Looking for something custom for my cutlass when shes on the road this spring.

The front bumper and chin spoiler are one piece made of fiberglass. They are sold by a company called Heads Up Composits out of Florida. I believe they were working on something similar for the Cutlass. Bumpers are produced by a company called Kirkland Fiberglass.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010

Very nice! A1 craftsmanship too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor