GBOTM: Congratulations to RunAwayNJ our December '14 Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
Sorry for the delay guys, the past two weeks have been crazy for me. Now that they are over, I'm excited to announce RunAwayNJ as the winner for December. I have seen his ride entered in several past months and always secretly wished it would win each time. Sorry, I might be a little biased to a beautiful cutlass, but I'm glad to see it took home first place this month!

RunAwayNJ received 9 out of 31 votes which is 29%

The car is a beautiful 1986 442!

Check out his story and the pictures of his awesome ride!

1986 Oldsmobile 442. My wife and I purchased it from forum member QS442 in Delaware about 2 years ago right before superstorm Sandy with it needing lots of restoration. We brought it back to where it is today and did all of the work ourselves, except the paint and some mechanical work thanks to some of our friends. Olds 307 Engine and trans are original - will be rebuilt in the winter. Redid the interior, electrical system, gauges, trunk, paint and body work, trim, badging, chrome, engine bay, fuel tank, and detailed underneath the car. New touchscreen radio with lighted sub box in trunk - all custom made. LED blue accents all around. We've enjoyed driving it this year! Few more upgrades left to do - got all winter long to figure it out!

WP_20140927_08_03_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20140927_08_03_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20140927_08_03_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20140927_08_04_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20140927_08_44_32_Pro.jpg

h5.JPG

h2.JPG

rad%20support.jpg

WP_20140928_09_57_12_Pro.jpg

Congratulations again to RunAwayNJ!!
and thank you to everyone who participated in this month by either entering or voting!

Since I ran a little late getting this up, I am just going to go ahead and create the Gbody of the year thread and let you guys start voting.

Thanks!
-Mike

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Re: GBOTM: Congratulations to RunAwayNJ our December '14 Win

Congrats for a fine 442. The choice to use a darker grey and black bumpers really makes the car unique. Yet it looks factory. Love it!
T

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE

CONGRATS! Glad you gave the 442 a good home. You really made it look nice. We definitely have to link up so I can see her in person.

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ

WOW - what a Christmas present! Thank you everyone for the kids words and votes. QS any time you are in NJ let me know! My wife and I (and some friends and other family - the list is long) have spent a lot of time getting this 442 back together. My wife and I have decided to move to Barnegat NJ, and lucky for us (and the Olds) we will be down the street from my mechanic friend who is itching to work on it. I'll actually have a much larger heated garage with a workshop - can't wait. Anyway, thank you again to everyone - looking forward to seeing the great cars for the January GBOTM!

bcbnj

n00b
Nov 3, 2014

Congratulations - very nice car. I like the way you did the stripes differently - it looks both modern and factory at the same time. The radio setup is very nice as well, custom yet looks like it is supposed to be there.

mymontess

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2014
North York, Ontario, Canada

Sweet ride! Congrats on the win! You've done a huge amount of work in a short time.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota

Congrats! Very nice ride! Sure makes me want to find another 442.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor