Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Winning by 1 vote, JAMCAR223 !

Next entries thread will be soon. One of these days we'll get this back on schedule...

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Congratulations man.
That is one nicely done GN.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Beautiful Car! Hope to see it in person sometime this spring or early summer. Congratulations!

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Thanks Jack and Jared. Funny thing with you guys is ... Jack, my family is from Jacksonville, FL and Jared lives 10 minutes up the street from me. BTW Jared, you can see the car tonight at Bombshells ( next door to Spring Dodge ). I'll be there from 7-9pm. Houston Underground Racing has their meets there, every other Tuesday night. Just sayin..

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Jack and Jared. Funny thing with you guys is ... Jack, my family is from Jacksonville, FL and Jared lives 10 minutes up the street from me. BTW Jared, you can see the car tonight at Bombshells ( next door to Spring Dodge ). I'll be there from 7-9pm. Houston Underground Racing has their meets there, every other Tuesday night. Just sayin..
James,
It's a small world, isn't it? So in other words, you're originally from Jacksonville, correct?
And for you to live 10 minutes away from Jared....how cool is that?
I hope you and Jared can meet at a car show/ cruise-in somewhere.
You guys will have to keep us up to date. If you can take some pics of the meet...even better.

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Jack, I was born and raised in Houston, but as a kid, I spent every summer in Jacksonville with my Grandparents. Most of my family still lives in Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra, and St. Augustine. I was just there a couple of months ago, and attended the Ponte Vedra auto show. I'm certain to hang out with Jared soon enough, and will definitely keep you posted, with pics included. Regards, James-

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, I was born and raised in Houston, but as a kid, I spent every summer in Jacksonville with my Grandparents. Most of my family still lives in Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra, and St. Augustine. I was just there a couple of months ago, and attended the Ponte Vedra auto show. I'm certain to hang out with Jared soon enough, and will definitely keep you posted, with pics included. Regards, James-
So, that's your connection to Florida. You're actually a born and bred Texan...lol! Thanks for sharing that information concerning your roots. Also, good to have you on board.
Take good care of that beautiful ride..:)

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Congratulations JamCar223, you have a FINE automobile their. The wheels are perfect, Nice interior & Outstanding engine bay. I'm curious, have you ever run a 1/4 mile? And if so, just how quick is it? I see that you Southern guys are enjoying the weather, I'm jealous as my Bronze Brick is up on jack stands in a 50 degree garage as the outside temp is seven (7) above zero yet. On a side note, I'm making plans to run the Tail of the Dragon this coming October & spending some time in Florida in early November. I sure would like to meet up with a bunch of you Southern guys. Ole' Bob.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Congrats man! Beautiful ride!

Thanks Chet. And the same can be said for your Cutlass...CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN.

Congratulations JamCar223, you have a FINE automobile their. The wheels are perfect, Nice interior & Outstanding engine bay. I'm curious, have you ever run a 1/4 mile? And if so, just how quick is it? I see that you Southern guys are enjoying the weather, I'm jealous as my Bronze Brick is up on jack stands in a 50 degree garage as the outside temp is seven (7) above zero yet. On a side note, I'm making plans to run the Tail of the Dragon this coming October & spending some time in Florida in early November. I sure would like to meet up with a bunch of you Southern guys. Ole' Bob.

Thank you Bob. I appreciate the kind words. I don't take it to the track, but following other Turbo Buick build combos this should be a 11.5 to 11.7 second combo at 25psi, BUT I keep it at 17psi for street driving. I would need alcohol injection, or E85 fuel to take advantage of the turbo's 585hp rating. With that being said.. it's probably a high 12 second car the way it sits. Just enough to have fun, and keep it reliable. I do drive it a lot. I know you Northern guys don't get to drive your cars as much as we do in the South. That just means you'll enjoy it even more when the time comes. I had mine out last night for a street meet. It was 50 degrees. I'll do (2) Club events this Saturday, and a Rod Run event on Sunday (a 4 hr. round trip). Sounds like you have (2) nice Southern events scheduled for 2017 - Enjoy Sir! I'm always down to do a GBody meet & greet. I am considering the "Potential" 1st annual Route 66 cruise from Oklahoma to Missouri, so I can meet other GBody enthusiasts. Maybe you could put this event on your radar? Regards, James-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor