Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Capture+_2020-08-08-22-53-07.png

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
With all of the Regal/GN parts out there I am really surprised they didn't make these years ago, lucky for me I have a couple sets and restored one for my current Regal.
It's nice that they sell the reverse lens separate since many times those have hairlines cracks or are yellowing.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The twin to my car at a local junkyard (the same in every way cept rear defrost, twilight sentinel and a gold pinstripe instead of silver) had minty taillights. Took em apart, cleaned em, sprayed the inside part silver again and sealed em up. $50 I think. I do wonder how well they're manufactured tho. Stuff like new marker lights and headlight bezels I've bought seem cheap and cheesy.
FB_IMG_1596953208837.jpg
FB_IMG_1596953212212.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
On my Regal I have already replaced both the front driving lights and the corner marker lights and on my Monte I have replaced every light including going with emblem less 88' style tail lights, I initially worried that some of these aftermarket lights might not have the same light dispersion as the factory ones but all have fit and looked like factory even when lit and I have yet to be disappointed with any I have bought so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
With original lenses that are in decent shape (Like my Regal tail lights) I have sanded out any imperfections and then polished them back to a really nice finish making them look new again.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sometimes I wonder if some type of compound experimentation on crazed lights can't bring them back.

I think about those made for TV commercials with the paint sealants that fill and seal paint cracks...

With these repop plastics, I'm curious how the materials used will stand up to heat and cold compared to oem. Or if they will yellow at an accelerated rate.

Never understood how a regal taillight can be relatively clear 40 years later, BUT, a 10 year old headlight lens is more yellow than the Yellow Sea in China.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor