GEN Light Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
Okay so i am a new member here and allready posting problems haha not really that good but anywho

Okay we just finished the 305 to 350 swap. Since the swap the GEN light in the dash will not turn off when the alternator is connected. Does anyone know why? or has anyone had this problem before?

thanks for the help

vinny

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
sorry if this is in the wrong section. someon can just move it if it is or help is appreciated

thanks
vince

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Hmm....the swap would have nothing to do with that kind of prob. The wiring and other items removed and replaced after the engine back in would. First, check the battery voltage and alt. output using a voltage tester or Fluke meter. Possibly a pinched wire in the bellhousing area also. Double check make sure the engine is still grounded to the chassis-thats how the alternator grounds through the block.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
okay we have done some of that umm when we disconnect the alternator it turns off?> does that help you any? my dad is taking the alternator to get tested tomorrow even though it is brand new :evil:

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
Another thing i should have added was that there is a brand new battery in the car so i woulnd't think it would have anything to do there, also a new battery cable

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
hey just an update my dad took in the "new" old alternator and sure enough it was bad so we got another "new" new alternator and everything is fine again

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Glad to hear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor