CUTLASS General paint discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swindells

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2019
The time is coming soon to paint my cutlass and I’m having a very hard time deciding what colour/colours to paint it

I was thinking a high gloss white originally being as I have the bluey/green stock interior, kinda limits me to choices for exterior paint but I think I’d like to go 2 tone just because I feel the overall presentation is much more unique than a single colour car especially already having a clean line that goes across from head light to tail light

But I haven’t seen many good combos of colours that will go good without clashing with the interior colour

If anyone has any suggested colours or any ideas I’d greatly appreciate the feedback
👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼

Attachments

• DB169D5B-52DD-4141-8857-B0976F23E992.jpeg
    DB169D5B-52DD-4141-8857-B0976F23E992.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 144

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think I’d like to go 2 tone just because I feel the overall presentation is much more unique than a single colour car especially already having a clean line that goes across from head light to tail light
It looks like your car is already partially "two tone" with your roof being a darker color, so why not keep both those colors but bring the upper color down to the body line like you want.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
We should trade cars. I’ll keep your paint job just as it is, and you can do anything you want to the Malibu once you grind all the old lacquer off. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
All snark aside, if the hood is the problem, but the sides are OK, consider extending the roof color down to the upper body line.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor