GenV fuel system question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock85gp

n00b
Mar 1, 2022
I am putting a direct-injected L83 into my Grand Prix and was confused about the fuel system.
As it stands, I planned on buying a Holly Fuel pump in combination with a Fuel Pump Driver Module.
Currently, I have the OEM under hood fuse box and all the wiring harnesses except the Headlight harness.
Would this setup work?

Donor was 2020 suburban:
5.3 EcoTec Engine,6L80
VIN: 1GNSCHKC1LR150146

Fuel pump specs:
Application 1978-87 GM G Body
Brand Holley Sniper EFI
Emission Code 5
Free Flow LPH 350
Fuel Sending Unit Ohms 0-90 Ohms
Fuel Type Gasoline
Inlet Diameter (in) 5/16"
Product Type Fuel Pump Module
Warranty Limited 90 Day
UPC 090127129852
Part Number 12-329

Last edited:

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Walbro Hellcat 525 pump or 450, or something that can be PWM'd. I would not recommend a Holley pump to anyone.

Are you planning to use the factory ECM? I'm guessing yes due to the 6L80 (that I know little about other than it's very difficult and expensive to run with an aftermarket ECM.)

Reactions: 1 user

rock85gp

n00b
Mar 1, 2022
Yes factory ECM, I’m going to try and keep it stock for the time being. I am waiting for hp tuners to get some ecm’s back in stock so I can tune it.

I will go with this pump, combined with the fuel pump module I listed above I should be ok with the PWM?

Thanks for the help.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
You don't need a big pump for a gen 5, its only an in-tank lift pump that supplies the high pressure pump. Just a regular walbro 255 and a relay to turn it on will work.

Reactions: 1 users

rock85gp

n00b
Mar 1, 2022
I ordered the Walbro 255 and Fuel Pump Driver Module. I am using the stock Intake and wiring, unsure if the fuel pressure sensor on the intake was all I needed. Or would I need to add a fuel pressure sensor anywhere? Also, would you recommend a good fuel filter for that setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor