Getting hot when running A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I finally got to take the car out on a cruise on a day warm enough to need the air conditioner. It worked well, but it's pushing my coolant temps up. I went from 190 to 205 while highway cruising, and in town driving pushed it up to about 235 before I switched it off. I have Chrysler cloud car fans installed, and the fan controller is wired to run on full when the A/C is switched on. The radiator is fairly new, and in good condition.

Any suggestions on something I might have missed or could change?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What motor? What temperature thermostat? Is the condensor clean or have bent fins?

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
What motor? What temperature thermostat? Is the condensor clean or have bent fins?
It's a Vortec headed 350, 190 thermostat, condenser is fairly clean and unbent.

Start all of a sudden or not sure?
Fans pushing or pulling?
Started when I got my A/C system working. My fans are rigged in a puller configuration.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
How accurate is your temp gauge? I know it sounds like a stupid question but think about it.
When you shut the engine off did it boil over?
I good tool is a laser pointed temp gauge. Hit tstat housing and see what the temp is

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
when you ordered it you had the 5 in the wrong place..... :popcorn:
But, but, my local Autozoner said that my Bonneville doesn't have a 350. If you can't believe the guy at the parts counter, who can you believe?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor