Getting OCD with fuel line, go AN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I have started to work on the pump to carb line with some copper nickle to make the bends easy & keep it clean looking. Then the OCD kicked in. I'm not getting the size of radius I want with the bends, making it all look out of place. I want tight sharp bends but my benders are not able to get as small I would like, don't want to use what ever round thing around & risk kinks or flat/crushed spots. So I've been searching Fleabay looking thru the trash listings to find quality AN fittings for my (non-existing) budget but not finding anything that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I've looked at the Earl's page, Summit, Jegs but not sure which to throw money at. Just need to go from point A to point B with the ability to swap between the 4175 & a Q-Jet but I feel like I'm over engineering it. So what are you guys using, mix/match between brands, meds to control the OCD, dotors to see...? All this for a pump gas street motor.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
after seeing the crusher Camaro episode of roadkill where they tried matching house brand fittings/name brand hose and it failed,i picked one brand and stuck with it,i went with earl's.just my .02
OCD for the win btw..

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I had a feeling it would be best to get everything in one brand. I am liking the Earl's stuff from what I've seen on their site. Funny thing this is for about 2' of fuel line as I have stainless for the front to rear. Maybe do the fake AN stuff for the pre pump section to match. Could do the hardline adapters & use the unions for the bends but I want the pretty look. Damn OCD.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I'm gonna go with AN for the exact same reason. I have new hard lines on my Regal from tank all the way forward but the bends just aren't as neat as I'd like them to be and I'm not patient enough to do it again so I'm going AN for the fuel lines. For now I'm just going to do the fuel lines with AN, but I may do some other stuff with it eventually. Earl's and Fragola are both quality brands. There are others too.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
OCD, never met her lol....
20190713_110557.jpg

• Haha
  • Informative
Reactions: 9 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Some of my searching on puttng AN fittings together had me come across one video said the hoses good for 5-7 years. Is there a life cycle on AN hoses or they OK for long term like regular hoses?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You need the Teflon hose to combat the Ethanol in the fuel. That may be what the lifespan reference is for. I think I may be facing breakdown of my rubber lined AN fuel lines from the black dust in the filter. I'll replace them when I start smelling fuel, and hopefully, I'm not a ball of fire when it happens.

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Nov 4, 2012
The Teflon lines are rated for E85 and methanol so E10 shouldn't be a problem. IIRC, the less expensive CPE lines will be degraded by ethanol.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I am using aluminum tube for my 3/8" fuel line and using this to attach it to AN hoses. The common 45 degree flare works fine with it.

tube3.jpg

tube-flaring.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 5 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I have mixed and matched different brands many times and never had issues. However, I usually buy Jegs brand as they are usually the cheapest and of good quality, both fit and finish.

Usually a decent brake line bender does a wonderful job on NiCopp lines...……………...or are you hand bending?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor