Getting ready for a possible big time lost in the next 24 hours-missed out on major damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Man. that's a win in my book. Depending on your policy they will pay to get off of a covered structure, repair the damage and there will probably be a limit on debris removal. A talking point is egress to your cellar. You need it to escape storms, There is some really odd policy stuff regarding walks and drives when it comes to trees on them

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Damn, dude... that was close!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
glad your alright. time to buy a lottery ticket.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I did get the basement doorway cleared so we can get in & out. Got the top of the tree cleaned up & out of the way. Tried to make it to the steps that leads to the porch steeps but the damn chainsaw is acting up (Poulan 16") so either I ran it too hot or it's due for servicing. Should get it done cause the chain seems to need sharped unless it was cause of how wet the tree is inside (well hydrated I guess.) Next to hear back from the insurance & see when the tree guys can get out here.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
GREAT to see your faired alright, meaning no one hurt including your livelihood. I recall the ice storm of '98 that hit the north country of NY. My in laws were right in the middle of it. 6" of ice and 28 days without power. Utter devastation from tree and downed powerlines. Because of that I don't have a tree in range of the house and never will.

Trees have a value in terms of aesthetics, but when it's on your house, garage or G-body, the value decreases exponentially - lol. Really glad to see you came out mostly OK. You ought to buy your brother in law a beer.

Last edited:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
We was already planning to drop the last two pines this year but now I just have one to deal with now & its not too close to the house to be an issue. My issue now is getting the ground to dry out. I would like to walk in my yard & not sink.
Here is a after pick of the clean up for now. I love how nice my new phone takes pictures, it looks brighter than it is out when I took it 10 minutes ago.
20190224_174116.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
glad there was no injuries, or major damage!

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yikes! That was a close call. It seems like a chain saw is a must have item anymore. Superstorm Sandy wore out two chains for me. Yes, fresh fallen wood is real sappy, especially pine.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Happiness is a bad a**ed chainsaw. I am still cleaning up after Hurricane Michael. Up side is several bonfires to have friends over, cook and drink beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor