Getting ready for a possible big time lost in the next 24 hours-missed out on major damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Damn, seems like we have higher winds now than earlier when the tree dropped. Hope no one else has any issues with the wind tonight.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Glad all is well, and that you didn't get hurt trying to minimize the damage. It looks like you know your way around climbing a tree, including safety lines.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Yeah, more windy here tonight than it was this morning when we came home from church to no power. Glad you guys are faring as well as possible. Hope everyone stays safe tonight.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Oh I wouldn't say any of us know how to climb trees. My father in law was using some redneck thinking on tying off on another tree. That tree was moving while the brother in law climbed up. It was all a wild idea to try. There was no safety involved.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
That wind was keeping me up all night. Our power got knocked out last night around 7:30 and it was still out when I left for work this morning.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I just saw a apartment building near where I lived one North Side in '84-'86 had bricks blown off the top of it. Just looks like the area got its *ss kicked from the wind on top of the swap Western Pa has turned into.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I just saw a apartment building near where I lived one North Side in '84-'86 had bricks blown off the top of it. Just looks like the area got its *ss kicked from the wind on top of the swap Western Pa has turned into.

Yeah the ground is just so saturated from all the rain it's just soft mud. The wind was absolutely insane last night, I don't ever remember wind quite that bad. I'm just hoping the power will be on when I get home from work. Where did you live in the North Side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor