GETTING READY FOR DYNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancher

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2017
Blackduck, MN
Hope to get the computer programed tomorrow and onto the dyno soon. tying up loose ends right now. shooting for 700hp at the crank. will post the dyno printout when done. P8170006.JPG P8170005.JPG P8170004.JPG P8170003.JPG P8170002.JPG P8170001.JPG P8090001.JPG P8090002.JPG

• Winner
  • Happy
Reactions: 6 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Good luck. How about some details of what you got cooking there?

I'd tell you to not get your hopes up and if you haven't put a safe street tune on it, then do yourself a favor and hold off on the dyno visit until it runs and drives on the street. I've made the mistake of being disappointed by an initial dyno visit. Even a tried and true combo will not put out what you think unless you really get lucky or have dotted every 'i' and crossed every 't'.

My experience has been that I've found every issue on the dyno, which isn't a bad thing, but it's an expectation killer - lol. The 1st time I hit the dyno with a turbo motor I thought I'd make 500whp and ended up just under 400 due to my mismatch of parts - too small of a turbo on a small motor. And I have to admit that I haven't had our newest setup to the dyno yet, but I now what it'll do up against cars that have dyno'd in the 700-900 whp range. I've become comfortable with not knowing what the number is lol. And not letting anyone else know what the number as well.

With that said, I understand wanting to know. I'm sure you've heard of 'creeping up on the tune' with boost. It takes time to creep up and check logs and plugs and everything else - good luck. But I am interested in the build, your turbo looks small, but cameras, angles and parallax do that sometimes. I had someone look at our S480 in a pic and tell me they thought it looked like a 76mm T4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor