Getting the right parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I'm shopping around for everything I want to replace when I install my new engine. I was already advised to get the Allstar Perf.radiator 3X pass with 2 1inch rows. It has an internal trans cooler. My question right now in shopping for a trans. Some come as kits with an external trans cooler. Would both be advised or overkill? The engines said to be around 500HP and going with a street/strip TH350. NOT to be raced just a street cruiser.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You can run an external trans cooler along with the internal one, it's pretty hard to get a trans to run too cool.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Thanx, don't want to spend $$$ on ANYTHING I can't benefit from.
If you are going to be running 500 horse I would imagine you will have a decent size stall converter which will add heat to the trans so the external cooler along with the internal one will help cool it.

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
If you are going to be running 500 horse I would imagine you will have a decent size stall converter which will add heat to the trans so the external cooler along with the internal one will help cool it.
Just the kind of advice I wanted to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor