Getting worried GBodyParts.com

Discussion in 'GBodyParts.com' started by Jester, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Jester

Jester n00b

Hi all,

I’m new here and I wanted to know what kind of experience you have had with GBodyParts.com.

I am using them for an 84 H/O restoration and I’m starting to get a little worried. The Google reviews are horrible and I’m starting to see why. I hope I can get through the restoration without getting screwed over.

Are there any other alternatives for restoration parts?

2. pontiacgp

pontiacgp Canadian Prime Minister

they had some issues in the past but I have seen some recent posts saying that the buyers were happy with the parts and delivery of the parts

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jester

Jester n00b

Ok, that’s reassuring. Hopefully they just had a rough time and working it out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 565bbchevy

565bbchevy Geezer

• Like Like x 1
  5. ck80

ck80 G-Body Guru

It seems to go in cycles really. Customer service seems to usually be horrible. My impression from what I read and hear is that they take money for parts they don't have yet, then turn around and try to fund their operations or other parts orders, and then need the next few orders to fund the parts they didn't have for you.

I've also heard of lots of run around, excuses on excuses for parts being about to be sent out.

There's a truck parts company I won't name that works the same way. Sometimes they have stuff listed nobody else does, but, you're gonna put up with a lot of unnecessary headaches and bull to get it.

I recommend getting everything in writing such as emails, and when you cant, then at least record the phone calls. Makes it easier to get a chargeback in your favor if you get left waiting for your parts forever.

Just keep an eye on the clock. Don't wait so long you can't file with your card company for goods not delivered.

As to the second part of your question, you would need to hunt around and keep in mind the interchange options between the gbody lineups. Places like Mikes montes, highway stars, goodmark, opgi just to name a few. Lots of what gbody parts sells can be sourced elsewhere if you look a while.

• Like Like x 1
  6. xitabl442

xitabl442 G-Body Guru

Saint Henry, Ohio. 10min north of Eldora Speedway
    Mikesmontes can get everything gbodyparts can.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 565bbchevy

565bbchevy Geezer

I have bought things from Mikes Montes and he is great seller but he is newer to the BOP parts and when looking for something for my Regal last year he did not offer it and I could only find it at GbodyParts and I also tried all of the other vendors with no luck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jester

Jester n00b

Awesome, thanks for the help!

They have been good to me so far. Communication is a bit tough at times. However, they have been pretty quick to reply. I might be getting myself in a panic for no reason.

9. 69hurstolds

69hurstolds Greasemonkey

Good Business 101 basically says that if you give the customer what they want and when they want it, and at a fair price, you have nailed the very core of why you're in business. You help the customer solve their problem and they leave you feeling they got good value for their $$. Anything OUTSIDE OF THAT....and you're doing it wrong. No matter what vendor you deal with, if you keep this idea in your head when dealing with vendors, you know where they fall on the scale of good businesses. The bad ones usually weed themselves out when their customer base leaves.

• Like Like x 1