Giant Secret Junkyard Ordered Crushed-cars as old as 1920's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
There is a junkyard just like that north of Carbondale IL in DeSoto, IL.
I went there a shop to get a manifold and the guy took me to a forest full of 50's and 60's impalas... you name it, about 10 acers of stuff. There were milk trucks filled floor to roof each specifically with manifolds, heads etc... all old stuff with trees growing through them. I think he was ordered to clean the place up IIRC. I checked Google Maps and it doesn't look like the stuff is there anymore...

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
wish i had a yard like that.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I think us car guys and tree huggers can unite. They will definitely have to cut down lots of trees to get rid of those cars, and tree huggers cant have that. Maybe them bitching can give us more time to get those cars!

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I see an old first gen Barracuda in one of those pic's, that sucks he's so far away from me

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Too bad there's only about 15 cars worth restoring. Some good parts cars. I looked at every picture and I'd say 90% of that stuff is so neglected that it needs to be crushed.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Blake442 said:
Too bad there's only about 15 cars worth restoring. Some good parts cars. I looked at every picture and I'd say 90% of that stuff is so neglected that it needs to be crushed.

Im sure that their is still tons of parts that can be saved.

Justa6

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 4, 2008
Hamburg, Pa
dan2286 said:
Im sure that their is still tons of parts that can be saved.

Exactly! All the inner/outer trim, glass, mouldings....Wo0 Wo0! :D

I even see a couple of my dream cars in there....'69 fastback, '68-69 Barracuda, some post WWII trucks..... :shock: :lol:

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Damn, didn't even see the 67-69 'cuda's (black one ,yellow one,gold one), but I see a 70 Cougar, quite a few old Chrysler product's that very well could have the older (not 426)Hemis, alot of 9" cars, powerglide cars, and countless, pieces of trim, emblems, taillights, and whatever that, for anybody thats ever redone a 50's or 60's car that ain't a chevy, know exactly what I'm talking about when I say you might never find these pieces again.

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
some of the cars have only been there a few years by the look of it..

i seen a 90's bronco II and that ford van..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor