Giving your expertise and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
One BIG pet peeve, (one of many), is when someone asks for your advice or knowledge on an issue, and then blows right by it to ask 15 other people when you ALREADY gave the correct answer. These morons are fishing for an answer they need to simply JUSTIFY and back up their uneducated brain. When i give an answer, as most of my G body family doe's, its from experience and research, often times giving each answer A LOT of research and time, and to me, my time is not worth wasting on these types of inbreds. Anyone else feeling me here!?

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and those who post a thread and never come back to say thanks or to say what fix worked

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink !! You will learn to ignore it or not answer at all.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Oh yeah...

Especially in IT.

The parallels between IT Repair and Car Repair are simply astounding.

"Hey, you've been in IT.. what do you think about ~this~"
"Oh.. well, if you're interested in mediocre performance and upgrading in about a year, then those are fine I guess... but instead you should get ~that~ for about $50 more and not have to worry about upgrading for years to come"
**fast forward 1 year**
"Hey, I got ~this~ a year ago, and it's just not performing like I want.. I think I need to upgrade.. what do you think?"

"You asked me this a year ago and you didn't listen, but since you asked, I think you wouldn't be in this position if you listened to me a year ago and your cheap *ss came up off of $50, but instead you're going to spend $400 on a complete upgrade because you're an idiot."

True story.

-Gonz

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was in court this morning and one guy who was going to do his own trial asked me what he needs to do to introduce evidence....so I asked him to pick up a nice steak and vegetables, stop off at a restaurant , head to the kitchen and ask the chef how you can cook your meal and see what he/she says...but the guy didn't learn, after he lost his trial he asked me what he needs to do to file an appeal........I just asked him how his meal turned out at the restaurant ...... :popcorn:

true story...

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I was in court this morning and one guy who was going to do his own trial asked me what he needs to do to introduce evidence....so I asked him to pick up a nice steak and vegetables, stop off at a restaurant , head to the kitchen and ask the chef how you can cook your meal and see what he/she says...but the guy didn't learn, after he lost his trial he asked me what he needs to do to file an appeal........I just asked him how his meal turned out at the restaurant ...... :popcorn:

true story...
Some people just don't get it i guess lol...yet if that was done to them, they would be the first to complain!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
One BIG pet peeve, (one of many), is when someone asks for your advice or knowledge on an issue, and then blows right by it to ask 15 other people when you ALREADY gave the correct answer. These morons are fishing for an answer they need to simply JUSTIFY and back up their uneducated brain. When i give an answer, as most of my G body family doe's, its from experience and research, often times giving each answer A LOT of research and time, and to me, my time is not worth wasting on these types of inbreds. Anyone else feeling me here!?

Thats known as "being an ask-hole"

• Haha
  • Clever
Reactions: 7 users

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
This happens to me at work all the time. Then I get asked the same question by the same idiot 3 or 4 weeks later. I just ignore anything past the first request

Reactions: 1 user

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis

true story...
He could've plead insanity right? Nothing dumber then trying to be your own lawyer. Blame judge judy and jailhouse lawyers for that. I've noticed alot of old threads that have answers given by members to try. But OP will never report back what worked. Or they get mad because the consensus is to do the opposite of what was recommended. Its like the news channels on tv. People don't watch to be informed. They watch to have there positions reaffirmed.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor