Glove Box Stuck Shut

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
I have the problem on my '79 El Camino and on my '78 Monte Carlo. Since I had to rebuild my AC system on the Monte and get to the control cable behind the glove box, it was the first one that I worked on.
It was a trick to pick and get it open to begin with and then trying to figure out the problem with the latch function was baffling. I have a new lock but still couldn't get it disassembled. I finally discovered that all it really needed was a shot of white lithium grease! It's back on and working great! Ready to pick open the one on the El Camino and give it a shot of lube...

John Canon

Apprentice
Apr 19, 2022
Vancouver Canada
It's always the little weird things that fail because we take them for granted. I use my White Lithium Grease Spray for hood hinges, hood latches, and trunk latches. Now maybe I will try it on seat tracks and glove box latches. I like how it sinks right in before it sets up. Then later you can give it a quick wipe with a rag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor