Gm 455 intake manifolds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2021
does any one know if pontiac, olds and Buick intakes are interchangable. Also does anyone have any suggestions for a duel plane intake manifold for a pontiac 455?

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I know their site says out of stock, just go shop at Summit or wherever with Edelbrock part number. From what I've read the Performer doesn't make much more power than the factory late 60's-early 70's Pontiac 4brl cast iron intakes, but would be significantly lighter. The potential problem with the RPM is that it is 1.25" taller, but can make more power. Maybe someone with hands on knowledge will weigh in- especially if I'm wrong.:)
P.S. that's an odd link title, but it takes you to the right place.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
GM used to include BOP and Chevy and Cadillac.

All of them had their own engines. But due to bean counters gaining control in the late 1970s only Chevrolet and olds were allowed to make v8s. Pontiac was forced to make 4 cylinders and Buick the v6.

Still irritates me that that happened and it causes confusion like this.

No animosity towards OP intended. Just to "GM".

Merlin1952

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern N.C.
Afellowcarperson; if you would tell everyone more about your car and combination as well as intended use of the car it would be much easier to recommend an intake for you.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I am giving away a bunch of factory Pontiac intakes. 2 and 4 BBL. The 4s are all EGR intakes. Shipping is on you. They weigh 46 lbs each and need a box about 8 x 16 x 24

Reactions: 3 users

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
does any one know if pontiac, olds and Buick intakes are interchangable. Also does anyone have any suggestions for a duel plane intake manifold for a pontiac 455?
Any particulars? Exhaust, cam, convertor, transmission, gears?

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
I was told the pre egr factory 4 barrel intakes are hard to beat for a street car.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor