GM 8-speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
That may well work just fine in an overcrowded big city but it ain't gonna fly for folks who live out in the middle of BFE, Nevada hundreds of miles from civilization.

The ban will likely start in cities and be expanded outward. At some point the manufacturering of manualy driven cars will cease by either legal mandate or loss of market, at least in first world countries. When has politics and big cities ever care how the polices they create affect the boonies? Its a non factor to them.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
A few more Covid level "Crisis" events and many of those big cities will be emptied permanently, like Detroit on steroids. Nobody talks about it because they don't want to tip off their neighbors they are working on an escape plan.

When the taxpayers realize they can work via Zoom from an RV in middle of nowhere, big cities that are a substitute for your mom are over.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
The ban will likely start in cities and be expanded outward. At some point the manufacturering of manualy driven cars will cease by either legal mandate or loss of market, at least in first world countries. When has politics and big cities ever care how the polices they create affect the boonies? Its a non factor to them.

It's going to take more than 20 years for a loss of market to force an Uber only on demand transportation service. Again, the folks that grow our crops and raise our cattle plus people that don't like people live in B F E and I don't see that changing. How would those folks get around? I hear you and I'm not denying our government's ability to F us over, but this distopian future can only exist in mega over crowded cities, at least at the onset. I don't see a viable model just yet for a complete takeover.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
I live/lived in Longmont CO about 7-8 minutes from boulder CO where they are hippied out like no other but in Longmont they cant stand them,bumper stickers saying "Dont boulderize longmont" everywhere so what ever boulder does Longmont does the opposite. Its interesting to see what's going to happen in the next 20 but full on switch to automated driving is going to be hard maybe some major city's could but not all and that's not including all the smaller towns and such every were. I'm thinking about 30 years and by then I shouldn't be driving and I'd be wanting that drive me anywhere type of vehicle

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
20 years is just the prediction the industry is stating, it probably will take longer. Through I would not be surprised if they push the technology before its fully ready. Besides 1984 government doom and gloom, you also have the risk of hackers and ransomeware in those self driving cars, heck current cars are at risk with the built in wifi and Onstar.

Tree huggers hate rural people. They view city living as being more efficent and better for the environment than rural living and there are various schemes to just about force most of the population to live in cities. By the time all cars are self driving, they likely will have self driving tractors and combines too. Automated mega farms where there might be a few people to supervise and maintain the automated equipment. Scary part about this is that Bill Gates is the US 's largest farmland owner, he owns farms across 18 states. John Deere already builds tractors with special software that only their dealership mechanics can work on. Its why many farmers buy old tractors with little to no computers just so they can work on them themselves.

If there is any truth to the great reset conspiracy, the end goal is to make private property obsolete and replace it with renting and subscriptions because those are better revenue streams than lump sum full payments.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
20 years is just the prediction the industry is stating, it probably will take longer. Through I would not be surprised if they push the technology before its fully ready. Besides 1984 government doom and gloom, you also have the risk of hackers and ransomeware in those self driving cars, heck current cars are at risk with the built in wifi and Onstar.

Tree huggers hate rural people. They view city living as being more efficent and better for the environment than rural living and there are various schemes to just about force most of the population to live in cities. By the time all cars are self driving, they likely will have self driving tractors and combines too. Automated mega farms where there might be a few people to supervise and maintain the automated equipment. Scary part about this is that Bill Gates is the US 's largest farmland owner, he owns farms across 18 states. John Deere already builds tractors with special software that only their dealership mechanics can work on. Its why many farmers buy old tractors with little to no computers just so they can work on them themselves.

If there is any truth to the great reset conspiracy, the end goal is to make private property obsolete and replace it with renting and subscriptions because those are better revenue streams than lump sum full payments.

It's already begun. Just look at video games. Even the real racing industry has gone that way. Sure you can own a transponder, but if you want to use it you have to pony up for an annual subscription.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
It's already begun. Just look at video games. Even the real racing industry has gone that way. Sure you can own a transponder, but if you want to use it you have to pony up for an annual subscription.

Amusement parks are going that way too, replacing season passes with monthly memberships. Many OBD2 tuning software require subscriptions. Through part of that is to help prevent thieves from disabling car security systems.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Amusement parks are going that way too, replacing season passes with monthly memberships. Many OBD2 tuning software require subscriptions. Through part of that is to help prevent thieves from disabling car security systems.
For only 63 cents per day, you can be able to tune your car and provide safety updates to keep your family safe.

You do want your family to be safe, right? Only 63 cents per day...with your generous donations, you can keep the information highway flowing to your car to keep it flowing on the highway.

car donations copy.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

That because Kids today are raised by their mom's and their moms are on their phones.

I Watched a Youtube Documentary on Action Park narrated by a 20 something and he acted like it was the worst thing that ever happened to world and who would ever want to go there?

If I was a 20 something in New Jersey in the late 1970's, I would have a season pass to Action Park and If I broke my Arm or leg, I'd be back as soon as I got the cast off.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor