GM E-crate connect and cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I’ve been planning an LS turbo build for my super clean OBS Z71 for a while now. Maybe I’ll wait a little longer to get a better deal on a package like this Chevrolet performance connect and cruise swap kit.

Anyone want a rebuilt 5.3 set up for boost? Who wants LS stuff anyway?
1631645965612.jpeg

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
That's awesome. Yeah 200HP and 266#ft isn't all that great by today's standards but its a start. I couldn't find an actual PRICE on that whole setup, (and I didn't try very hard) but I wager its still not in the realm of reality for most except the most hardcore (and loaded) experimenters. The bits about the aftermarket controller what makes all the gauges work properly is way cool.

Bring that whole package down to a few K in $$ and You'll see a battery powered Dino for sure.

I don't want to have to say it but I'm gonna, this isn't gonna be another "dogpile on electric vehicles" thread.

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I think they'll be just like any other electronic item. Initially (certainly now) they're cost prohibitive. But as time goes by, the technology will improve to the point where prices will better align w/other options. My perspective is adaptation is where the next surge will be.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Maybe we can get deal on used Bolt battery packs. Like black market VW Dieselgate PROMs.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I used to race rc cars and people could not believe the power and torque of electric. When you scale that up to full size it become ridiculous. That 200hp electric motor might make 400 ft pounds of torque and it is instant, and steady throught the rpm range. I would give anything to have my cutlass electric

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
That's awesome. Yeah 200HP and 266#ft isn't all that great by today's standards but its a start. I couldn't find an actual PRICE on that whole setup, (and I didn't try very hard) but I wager its still not in the realm of reality for most except the most hardcore (and loaded) experimenters. The bits about the aftermarket controller what makes all the gauges work properly is way cool.

Bring that whole package down to a few K in $$ and You'll see a battery powered Dino for sure.

I don't want to have to say it but I'm gonna, this isn't gonna be another "dogpile on electric vehicles" thread.

If in 10 years we'll be able to scavenge junkyards for stuff to retrofit to older cars then that's cool. I suspect it won't be that simple of an affair to do so.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Oh, no need to worry. Dr. Rick has already deprogrammed us. :)
Dr. Rick Electric G-body.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
All that new found wizardry and it's still stuck with the 4 speed auto. But I've seen this before and its something to consider if it comes down to keeping my ride on the road if gas goes bye bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor